2020 C2SMART Student of the Year – Apply Now!
Each year, the C2SMART Center acknowledges one student from any of its member institutions as a Student of the Year as chosen by the Center’s executive leadership committee. The chosen student will be acknowledged and be awarded:
- A cash prize of $1,000 and a certificate from USDOT
- The cost of attendance for the 2021 100th Annual TRB Meeting in January 2021
- Free registrations to the Council of University Transportation Centers Banquet
Selection will be based upon accomplishments in three areas: Technical Merit and Research Capability, Academic Performance, and Leadership. The following minimum requirements must also be met:
- Eligible candidates must have received financial support from the Center prior to receiving the award.
- Eligible candidates must have completed with a grade of B or better at least 12 hours of graduate course work at the time the selection is made, and have a graduate GPA in excess of 3.25 (out of 4.00).
- Eligible candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Eligible candidates must be available to attend the CUTC banquet in January 2021 (virtual)
Once complete, the application form and attachments should be submitted electronically returned as a single PDF with the student’s last name followed by the institution (e.g. Name_NYU.pdf) via email to their institution’s Center-affiliated director by the prescribed deadline of October 26, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted, and there are no exceptions to this rule. The award winner will be notified by the Center by late November 2020.