This interactive data dashboard consolidates public data sources to track the impact of the pandemic on transportation systems as it unfolds. This platform will be regularly updated and continue to evolve with the addition of new data, metrics, and visualizations. With social distancing policies in place, the COVID-19 outbreak has dramatically changed travel behavior in affected cities. The C2SMART research team has been investigating the impact of COVID-19 on mobility and sociability, including passenger travel trends, the effect of social distancing policies on transit use and mobility patterns, freight, logistics, and supply chain impacts and economic impacts on agencies’ operating/capital budgets in multiple cities. Through this interactive data dashboard, we are hoping to provide researchers, transportation authorities, and the general public with information on track the impact of the outbreak on transportation as it unfolds. This platform will update regularly and continue to evolve with the addition of new data, impact metrics, and visualizations. The newest issue of a white paper detailing this research was released on July 22nd, 2020.
- NEW – Some panels’ data is open for download. Please visit the “Mobility” tab for downloading.
- Most of the Panels will be updated automatically every Tuesday
- All “Traffic Volume Trends” data under “Seattle” panel has been updated
- Added a new panel “China Subway Ridership” under “Mobility” Tab
- The data for “Corridor Travel Time”, “Traffic Volume Trends” and “City Wide Speed Map” has been updated