In December 2022, the City of Buffalo in Erie County,...Read More
As C2SMART heads into its sixth year of projects, we seek to develop and fund projects which will be bigger and bolder than ever before. We are looking for projects which showcase possibility, address complex challenges, broaden collaboration, and directly strengthen the transportation field. Research and development projects will be external industry/agency driven, including an additional emphasis and reserve of funding for non-traditional research in the form of workshops and workforce development. Read more about our RFP here.
There will also be dedicated funding for student-focused initiatives including cooperative education programs, student-led research projects, student entrepreneurship, and summer programs for graduate, undergraduate, and K-12 students.
Across and underlying each of these themes, however, will be an emphasis on transportation equity. Each proposal will, in some form, need to be prepared to discuss how the project will directly address equity concerns, or else include an equity performance measure of some kind.
How are #UTCs best positioned to tackle issues of #transportationequity? What are the bottlenecks to transportation #equity problems that might best be addressed with great research?— C2SMART (@c2smartnyu) November 9, 2021
To help researchers conceptualize what this means, and to set guidance around how UTCs can lead the way in solving transportation equity problems, C2SMART hosted an Equity in UTC Research panel to:
- Better educate our network of PIs and researchers towards ensuring that each project has a meaningful equity component and how to factor equity concerns into its overall methodology,
- Directly engage with and answer outstanding transportation equity problems that are not being addressed by the wider research community, and
- Engage with both traditional and non-traditional equity partners on our projects.
- Equity in Transportation Research
- Speaker presentation: Luis Artieda Presentation
- Speaker presentation: Alice Grossman Presentation
- Speaker presentation: David Bragdon Presentation
- Speaker presentation: Amy Fong Presentation
Tandon’s Research Excellence Exhibit
C2SMART students contributed to NYU Tandon’s Research Excellence Exhibit, held on...Read More
5th Annual Women in Transportation Panel
On March 28, 2023, C2SMART Center and NYU’s student chapter...Read More